Daily Rhyme...

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pacquiao The Next American Idol?



When Manny Pacquiao isn't laying blows in the ring he's laying down tracks in the studio. No, he's not pursuing a rap career like several other athletes,(Ron Artest, Allen Iverson, Shaq, The Rock, Chris Webber, Kobe, Deion, the list goes on...), but rather a romantic pop singer. Although he is no Glenn Medeiros, he hits some high notes and packs quite the vocal punch.

With all the recent hype over a potential fight between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr, I feel as if Manny could use this to his advantage. Floyd Mayweather Sr. feels very strongly about his son's ability, especially when facing Manny mono y mono.
"I am entitled to speak on what I think, on my opinion. I will say this, if Pacquiao is using those roids, it won't help him against my son. I got a poem on that and it goes, 'Roids don't mean spit if you can't hit.' And Pacquiao will never hit my son if they fight." -Floyd Mayweather Sr.
If the Sr.'s theory is correct and Manny can't land a punch on Pretty Boy Floyd, then Pac-Man may be forced to resort to an alternative hook. While Money Mayweather is exhausting himself trying to land a jab, Manny can lay back and serenade Floyd's swings with some romantic rhythms. Gay? Maybe. Expected? Probably not. Innovative? Certainly. It comes down to psyching out the opponent and what more could Manny do to psych out Money man? It just seems like a no brainer for victory.  

Verdict: Bet the house on Pac-Man's larynges.

No comments:

Post a Comment